Address: Goffs Academy, Goffs Lane, Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, EN7 5QW
Contact No: 07958 062 642
Data Protection Officer: Sandy Chander
Private Tuition Specialists Limited is committed to ensuring that any personal data we hold about you and your child is protected in accordance with data protection laws and is used in line with your expectations. This privacy notice explains what personal data we collect, why we collect it, how we use it and how we protect it.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data about you and your child to provide learning that is tailored to meet your child’s individual needs.
Personal details that we collect about your child include:
- Your child’s name, date of birth, address, health and medical needs, development needs, and any special educational needs
- Personal details that we collect about you include: your name, home address, phone numbers, emergency contact details, and family details etc.
This information will be collected from you directly on the registration form.
Why we collect and use this information
We use personal data about you and your child in order to provide tuition services and fulfil the contractual arrangement you have entered into. This includes using your data to:
- contact you in case of an emergency
- to support your child’s learning development
- to manage any special educational, health or medical needs of your child whilst at our setting
- to carry out regular assessment of your child’s progress and to identify any areas of concern
- to maintain contact with you about your child’s progress and respond to any questions you may have
- to keep you updated with information about our service
- to assess the quality of our services
- to comply with the law regarding data sharing
With your consent, we will also record your child’s activities for their individual learning record. This may include photographs and videos. You will have the opportunity to withdraw your consent at any time, for images taken by confirming so in writing.
We have a legal obligation to process safeguarding related data about your child should we have concerns about their welfare.
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We collect and use pupil information for the purposes of a contract (the lawful bases for processing are set out in Article 6 of the GDPR).
Collecting pupil information
Whilst the majority of pupil information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide certain pupil information to us or if you have a choice in this.
How long do we retain your data?
Your and your child’s personal data will be retained for a one-year period after your learning agreement expires. We will not share your details with any external bodies. Your child’s learning records are maintained by us and handed to you when your child leaves.
How do we protect your data?
We protect unauthorised access to your personal data and prevent it from being lost, accidentally destroyed, misused, or disclosed by keeping it filed in a locked cabinet.
Who we share pupil information with
In order for us to deliver tuition services to the highest standard we will also share your data as required with the following categories of recipients:
- Banking services to process chip and pin and/or direct debit payments (where applicable)
- Relatives and friends as named emergency contacts
We will also share your data if:
- We are legally required to do so, for example, by law, by a court or the Charity Commission;
- to enforce or apply the terms and conditions of your contract with us;
- to protect your child and other children; for example by sharing information with the police;
- it is necessary to protect our/or others rights, property or safety
- we transfer the management of the setting, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer so they may continue the service in the same way.
We will never share your data with any other organisation to use for their own purposes.
Why we share pupil information
We do not share information about our pupils with anyone without your consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, parents and pupils have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information contact Sandy Chander.
Your rights with respect to your data
You have the right to:
- request access, amend or correct your/your child’s personal data
- request that we delete or stop processing your/your child’s personal data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- request that we transfer your, and your child’s personal data to another provider
If you wish to exercise any of these rights at any time or if you have any questions, comments or concerns about this privacy notice, or how we handle your data please contact us. If you continue to have concerns about the way your data is handled and remain dissatisfied after raising your concern with us, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF or ico.org.uk/
Changes to this notice
We keep this notice under regular review. You will be notified of any changes where appropriate.
This policy was adopted by: Private Tuition Specialists Limited
On: 14 May 2018
Date to be reviewed: 2 August 2021
Signed by provider: Sandy Chander
Name of signatory: Sandy Chander
Role of signatory: Managing Director
If you would like to discuss anything in this Privacy Notice, please contact: Sandy Chander
Contact No: 07958 062 642 ● Email: email@example.com